Spring Break Camp - Week 2 (March 25 - 29) ... Improv, Science, Bowling, Parkour, Art
- Improv and mini skits - students will be able to use their own creativity, while learning to express themselves. The session will include games, improv, and creation/adaptation of a mini script.
- The Greatest Showman - What's your talent ... are you a comedian, mime, singer, or perhaps the back end camera operator or set maker? Your team will put your talents to use!
- Outdoor games - there will be lots of outdoor time for games in the field, and playing in the playground
- Science and the Environment - Students will investigate the interconnectedness of our environment, and find out interesting facts about some local species of plants and animals.
- Team Mural Project - Create a mural with the entire group, which will tell the story of the day (topic decided by the group).
- Team bowling at Poco Bowl
- Outdoor games
- Out of the box - this day uses STEAM concepts, with a friendly competition. Kids are encouraged to tap into their creativity to solve problems
- Parkour at Origins Parkour Port Moody: Parkour is a method of training that involves jumping, vaulting, climbing, rolling, and other movements used to traverse one's environment. Through parkour training, practitioners develop their fitness, physical awareness and mental fortitude.
- Origins' curriculum is adaptable to students of all experience levels; the coaching staff have many tools to get students learning the techniques safely and at their own pace. ORIGINS is among the best Parkour facilities in the world, and keeps the philosophy of always staying at the top. Additions and changes are always being made to both the facility and the program. You can be sure that each time you walk in to the gym you will experience something new.
Camp hours: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Drop off and pick-up at 110 Moody Street, Port Moody
Available to students 5 to 12 years old
Before/After Camp Care available (extends day to 7:00am - 6:00pm) - please register separately $17 per day
** If you would like to pay by cash, cheque, or e-transfer, please use the coupon code of PAYOFFLINE.
** If you have a current Pre-authorized Debit (PAD) arrangement with us and want the payment to be made on the first of the month that the camp occurs in, use the coupon code AUTHORIZEDPAD.
** Cash/cheque can be delivered to any Block 8 staff member (in a sealed envelope please). E-transfers can be made to Danita@Block8Academy.com.
Payment must be made within 72 hours or the reservation will be cancelled.