Spring Break Camp - Week 1 (March 18 - 22) ... Improv, Fantastic Beasts (Art), Swimming, STEAM, Parkour, Bowling, Team Mural Project
- Improv with Dana Kyle: students will be able to use their own creativity, while learning to express themselves. The session will include games, improv, and creation/adaptation of a mini script.
- Outdoor games - there will be lots of outdoor time for games in the field, and playing in the playground
- Out of the box - this day uses STEAM concepts, with a friendly competition. Kids are encouraged to tap into their creativity to solve problems
- Bowling - at Poco Bowl in Port Coquitlam
- Team Mural Project - Create a mural with the entire group, which will tell the story of the day (topic decided by the group).
- Fantastic Beasts Design Challenge with localartist Christy Dunsmore (Thanks to Christy for her art contributions and photos which will be used as inspiration for this session). This is a mixed media challenge on canvas. Younger children will be given some pre-drawn elements. Older more experienced artists will develop their own unique creations. We will use pencils, paints, crayons, markers, glue, patterned papers, etc
- Games day - depending on the weather, games will be indoors our outdoors.
- Indoor Games - the day rounds out with some indoor games and free time
- Swimming - fun in the water at Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex
- Parkour at Origins Parkour Port Moody: Parkour is a method of training that involves jumping, vaulting, climbing, rolling, and other movements used to traverse one's environment. Through parkour training, practitioners develop their fitness, physical awareness and mental fortitude.
- Origins' curriculum is adaptable to students of all experience levels; the coaching staff have many tools to get students learning the techniques safely and at their own pace. ORIGINS is among the best Parkour facilities in the world, and keeps the philosophy of always staying at the top. Additions and changes are always being made to both the facility and the program. You can be sure that each time you walk in to the gym you will experience something new.
- The Greatest Showman - What's your talent ... are you a comedian, mime, singer, or perhaps the back end camera operator or set maker? Your team will put your talents to use!
Camp hours: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Drop off and pick-up at 110 Moody Street, Port Moody
Available to students 5 to 12 years old
Before/After Camp Care available (extends day to 7:00am - 6:00pm) - please register separately $15 per day
** If you would like to pay by cash, cheque, or e-transfer, please use the coupon code of PAYOFFLINE.
** If you have a current Pre-authorized Debit (PAD) arrangement with us and want the payment to be made on the first of the month that the camp occurs in, use the coupon code AUTHORIZEDPAD.
**Cash/cheque can be delivered to any Block 8 staff member (in a sealed envelope please). E-transfers can be made to Danita@Block8Academy.com.
Payment must be made within 72 hours or the reservation will be cancelled.