We are located at 106 & 110 Moody Street in Port Moody, at the corner of St. John's and Moody.
Phone number: 604-492-2820
Our office hours vary, if you need immediate assistance or information regarding registration or preschool, please call
If your child is not attending on their regularly scheduled day, or you need to contact us for time sensitive issues please email: email@example.com.
For general information regarding the programming that is included with care (for both preschool and school age children) Call Danita: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding child guidance techniques, questions regarding our staff, or clarifications on any of our procedures please contact:
Cindy, Manager: email@example.com, 604-722-6646
For questions or concerns regarding charges, payments or subsidies:
Roxanne, Accounts Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Any questions other questions or if you're not sure who to ask:
Katherine, Program Administrator email@example.com
Students will be picked up for all Early Dismissals that are about an hour or so. We will run half day camps for dismissals that require beyond one hour of extra care if there is enough interest.
What does a typical day at Block 8 look like?
- Students are dropped off at the facility after 7:00am.
- They have a relaxed unstructured playtime, and may move to the eating area to eat the breakfast that they brought from home.
- The shuttle loads at 8:15 for the children needing a ride to school.
- Moody Elementary children leave the facility to walk to school at 8:20.
- Kindergarten children are supervised until their teacher brings them into the school.
- Students are met by a member of the Block 8 team at their elementary school at the afternoon bell.
- Students from schools outside of Moody Centre are shuttled down to meet the group.
- The day begins with outdoor playtime, usually at Chip Kerr Park, Kyle Park, or Moody Elementary playground.
- The students play outdoors until approximately 4:00pm. This playtime is a mix of unstructured and structured activities.
- Depending on the day, the student may take part in a short hike through the lower trails, finding geocache sites and observing and photographing nature, playing basketball at Kyle Park, or playing in the playground at Moody Elementary School.
- Then back at the facility, students participate in a structured activity that fits with the theme of the day (Monday: Outdoor Science, Tuesday: Community, Wednesday: Music, Thursday: Financial awareness and Entrepreneurship, Friday: Multiculturalism)
- After the structured activity, students have unstructured indoor playtime. If it is nice outside, we will often go back outside and have the playtime outdoors.
- Student is then picked up from the facility by 6:00pm, when the academy closes.
Spring Break and SD43 District Wide Pro-D Day
Families will receive emails of all available camps when registration opens. Block 8 Families will be given priority, and are assured room in the camps as long as they register by the Block 8 Academy deadline. If any school that we service does not have a break, regular shuttle service and programing will apply.
July and August
Block 8 Academy hosts weekly and monthly summer camps during the months of July and August. Though licensed, these are not the same format as our before and after school program, therefore students will be required to register separately. Registration for these sessions is on a 'first come first serve' basis. However, students enrolled in the Winter/Spring Academy have an earlier registration date than the general public, and are therefore guaranteed spots if they register before the registration opens up for the general public.